Fire Damage – We at ServiceMaster Restoration by the Griffin Company know that house fires can occur without us having the least bit if expectants. There are many things that can turn a safe comfort home into a raging inferno. The latest estimates are $6 to $8 billion dollars in damages from fires.
The following are the common situations that could cause a fire to ignite
- Cooking related Fires- Food left Unattended
- Unattended Candles
- Burdened electricidal connections
- Lighting/appliance malfunctions
- Smoking cigarettes/ cigars
From the moment a fire starts to the point where the structure is fully engulfed is usually less than two minutes, which is why it is so important for occupants to get out of the home as quickly as possible and not try to put out a large fire themselves.
If you’re unfortunate enough to experience a fire, here are some tips.
- Check yourself for injuries and get treatment immediately
- Do not enter the structure until it is safe to do so, and you have the fire departments approval.
- Examine the home. Talk to firefighters about what can be salvaged.
- When safe to enter the structure, check for important documents like birth certificates, social security cards, insurance policies and drivers’ licenses.
- Notify your insurance company about the fire as soon as possible.
- Make a list of the household contents and take pictures of damaged items.
- Keep track of receipts for expenses such as clothing, medications, meals and lodging. These will be important when trying to settle your insurance claim.
Fire can be disastrous We at ServiceMaster Restoration by the Griffin Company specialize in helping with fire damage restorations. We have the equipment needed and trained experts to handle your fire situation quickly and professionally. We are backed by the ServiceMaster name which as many years of experience dealing with fire damage restoration. We service all of Mobile and Baldwin Counties in Alabama as well as the Pensacola Florida area. Please visit our website at www.servicemasternow.com to learn more about us and our services.