Fire Damage Repair Mobile, Alabama, Disaster Recovery, Cleaning Services and Surrounding Areas
Fire Damage Repair Mobile – We know that fires are devastating and valuables and memories are often the most missed items. The fire damage repair mobile experts at ServiceMaster Restoration by The Griffin Company work with you to stabilize your home with professional cleaning services, fire damage repair and restoration near Mobile and Baldwin County.
We provide these emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in Mobile and Baldwin, Alabama Counties and other surrounding areas. Please call us at 251 473-7766 so we can help.
After being extinguished, the fire damage to your home and belongings may continue. Many furniture and flooring materials are synthetic – when burned, they generate complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, those items go from cleanable to unsalvageable.
ServiceMaster Restoration by The Griffin Company technicians are experts at understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and save your belongings, thus helping mitigate additional expenses caused by fire damage. We can even remove soot from at-risk items, such as:
- Brass, aluminum and chrome
- Marble, tile and porcelain
- Carpets and upholstery
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire damage repair and smoke restoration process:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content packout
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Keep the Damage to a Minimum
Corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call us immediately for professional cleaning and restoration services for fire damage in Mobile, AL, 251.473.7766. Below are some tips to help keep the damage to a minimum until we get there:
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
- Do NOT touch anything with your bare hands. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do NOT wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Do NOT attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do NOT use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do NOT use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
“The techs were prompt and very professional and personable. Their attention to details is very commendable. I would certainly recommend those two workers to anyone that need this service. KUDOS for those employees of your company.”